Saturday, January 31, 2009

A little bit about me...

Hi! I'm Joan, and I created this blog as a place to encourage caregivers and get encouragement for myself, too.

I live in north Florida with my husband, and my 83-year-old mom lives with us. She's lived with us for about two years now and the time has really flown by. My dad passed away in September, 2005, and we think of him every day. I'm an only child, so I've always known that caregiving for either or both of my parents would be my responsibility "some day," but the day arrived sooner than I expected. I'm only 52, but as my parents were in their thirties when I was born, it just turned out this way.

So I'd like to talk about all kinds of things, including the transition (for us it was sudden!) from new empty-nester to caregiver; how to take care of myself while caring for Mama; how to keep a strong, good relationship going with my husband now that there are three of us at home; how to carve out time for myself and my own interests (I have a lot!); and much more.

If you are a caregiver for older family members or for young children, welcome! Come and be encouraged!
Blessings,
Joan
http://www.CaregiverEncouragement.com

No comments:

Post a Comment