Saturday, March 14, 2009

What's your weather like?

Hey there,

I don't know how the weather is where you live, but we've had some warm, sunny springtime days here in Tallahassee. We've been getting out a little more and clearing away some of the frozen, dried flowers and planting some new ones. I just sprinkled some Preen in one section of the garden just now as it's supposed to rain tonight.

I love this time of year because it's not too hot to get outside, and in the parts of the world where it isn't too cold, either, it's just right for gardening or walking outdoors. Sunshine definitely helps my mood (but not too much hot weather--I like sunny days with mild temperatures!). Since Mama can still get outdoors with me, we enjoy going to Wal-Mart and picking up some daffodils and snapdragons. I've never tried growing snapdragons and I figured they'd wither when it got hot, but Mama says they grew in central Florida all year when she lived there. So we got a couple because they're so springy and perky, and I'll go out in a minute to plant them.

I hope you are having some weather, even temporarily, that you can enjoy. I know it's supposed to rain here tonight and turn very cold tomorrow, but for today...enjoy being outside!! It's good medicine for the body, mind, and soul.

I'd love for you to write to me and tell me what you enjoy growing in your gardens, or if there is another outdoor activity that encourages you!

Blessings,
Joan
Caregiver at Home
http://www.CaregiverEncouragement.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment