Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Caregiver stress

Caregiver stress. Now there's a term. As a caregiver, I am doing what I feel I need to do for Mama because it's best and safest for her, because I love her and want her to be okay and free to enjoy her senior years, and a host of other reasons. However, caregiving = stress, no matter what the situation. The amount of stress varies, but I have yet to notice its absence in any given care situation. That goes for a young mother caring for her small child or a Boomer caring for their adult parent, and everything in-between.

I just received an email from ElderCareABCBlog.com and linked over to read the article. It's entitled "Solving Caregiver Stress and Its Dilemma." There are many points which are helpful in deciding when/what/how to consider and prepare for someone's care situation. This is a good, practical article to read if you're considering caregiving, or are caregiving for someone who still lives on their own and you're trying to be sure they're doing okay in their current situation.

I hope this helps you, or someone you know.
Solving Caregiver Stress and its Dilemma

Blessings,
Joan
Caregiver at Home
www.CaregiverEncouragement.com

No comments:

Post a Comment